Software development Manager (Hybrid) County Cork €100k
Our client is based in Cork and is looking to hire a Software Development Manager to join their growing team. This Global software company is a technology leader in their sector and their innovations sets them apart from their competitors.
This role will give an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to lead multiple teams of software professionals from Software Architects to Scrum Masters. This role will require someone to take ownership, have the ability to lead and motivate the team.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Managing multiple software development teams in terms of efficiency, cost, quality and value delivered to the organisation
- Product release planning and management
- Close working with the following teams: Hardware and Firmware, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Support, Technical Documentation and Senior Management in relation to the vision for the product, road-map development, dependency management, support issues, progress reporting and escalation and more
- Working closely with Technology and Function leadership team to ensure implementation of technology
- Working closely with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to increase team velocity and value delivered
- Personnel and performance management of development team members
Who you are
- Track record of producing high quality software on time
- Experience leading teams to ensure successful delivery
- Communicating effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to listen, influence and lead teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse teams within the organization
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical individuals throughout their career
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies and lean product development
- Experience within an Agile environment using the Scrum Framework
- Experience working with Agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, etc.
- Experience working with Product Management and Product Owners
This role is for a proven self-motivated leader with a genuine desire to work with cutting edge technologies. This is an excellent opportunity in making a real difference to this already high-achieving organization