IT Administrator | Newry £30-40k
My client based in Newry is seeking an IT Administrator to join their team. They are looking for someone who has strong communication skills and the ability to use their initiative to work towards deadlines.
The successful candidate will be strong in problem solving, have the ability to multi task and have a strong customer focus mindset.
Key Functions of the role
- Maintain infrastructure resilience, backup, and recovery.
- Diagnosing and supporting employees’ technical issues with their IT including hardware, software, network, telecommunications, and internet connectivity.
- Maintain current technology infrastructure to ensure that it is reliable, optimized and fit for purpose.
- Ensure that the technology infrastructure is secure and remains so, working closely with the IT external provider.
- Maintain information technology and computer systems, monitoring network technology change and delivering on same.
- Disaster planning to keep the company functional in the event of a crisis.
- Deliver on agreed IT strategy on the achievement of goals and objectives to meet with organisational growth plans.
- Research and evaluate hardware and software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when making large purchases on behalf of the company.
- Conduct post-project evaluation.
- Responsible for our MS Windows based systems, as well as our ERP system and E-Commerce
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- 3+ years relevant experience as an IT Administrator or similar role,
- In depth working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows and the Office packages.
- Security domain expertise or mindset.
- Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet operational needs.
- Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex projects in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong analytical skills, business savvy and ability to multitask.
- Experience in working successfully with third party suppliers/agencies.
- Self-motivated and able to drive projects forward autonomously.
- Have full driving licence and access to own car.
To find out more about this role please contact email@example.com