Data Solution Architect | Nationwide UK (Hybrid) £75-80k + incentives + bonus
The Data Solution Architect will be responsible in defining solution strategy, designing, and overseeing implementation of complex IT solutions and turning business objectives into outcomes in support of their business strategy. You will lead strategic data architecture initiatives and contribute to the projects and programmes that are part of our Data portfolio which is aimed at driving Data Driven Capabilities.
You will lead design work across data modelling, data governance, data integration, data pipelines and visualisation. You will be expected to design solutions to be hosted in the cloud as well as on-prem for legacy implementations
- Define principles and requirements data architecture and ensure that all solutions adhere
- Define data platform capabilities/features that align to current and future business models
- Own and drive incremental evolution of our enterprise data governance strategy.
- Own enterprise data map including logical model, data lineage & transmission detail.
- Creating technical documentation: Create technical documentation, including diagrams, specifications, and implementation plans that describes = proposed technology solutions
- Collaborating with stakeholders: Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that the solution meets the needs of the business.
- Manage engagement with suppliers when requesting information or proposals on solution requirements to support strategic deliveries and technology selection
- Demonstrable 3+ years’ experience as an IT Data Architect with experience in designing and architecting enterprise-wide Data solutions for a global organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of designing solutions using capabilities of at least one public cloud platform: AWS Azure, GCP.
- Is a strategic thinker, is capable taking a broader view of situations and motivations with demonstrable knowledge of architecture governance using architecture building blocks.
- Can develop and validating architecture roadmap, vision, and solution designs.
- Has knowledge and understanding of a variety of current and future technologies and innovations and how they may impact organisations including infrastructure
- Experience in logical and physical data modelling for transactional/analytical systems.
- Demonstrable practical experience of working with ETL tools.
- Demonstrable experience in data pipelines using Python and able to define best practices
- Experience with AWS data technologies such as S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena,Glue.
- Understanding of BI tools such as Power BI, QuickSight, SAP Business Objects
- Experience of working in an agile development environment.
- Has knowledge and understanding of frameworks and methodologies such as TOGAF, Zachman and ArchiMate and can demonstrate its value for the enterprise.
- Experience working within government, regulated industries, defence or security including impact of heightened information and cyber security requirements (ISO27001, CE and CE+)
- Experience of CI/CD tooling.
To find out more about this role please contact email@example.com