Cyber Security Officer Tyne & Wear/Hybrid £60-65k
The Cyber Security Officer will be a hands-on practitioner and cyber security enthusiast, with experience delivering robust and secure services in challenging environments.
The role is technical and candidates must possess a solid understanding of information security and network architecture, however the successful candidate will also contribute to the development of the policies and procedures to support continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day security of the infrastructure, taking a lead role developing the wider team and staying up-to-date with advancements in technology.
- Ownership of the day-to-day security for the company infrastructure
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant security frameworks, ISO2001, DPPs etc
- Development, testing and the implementation of appropriate information security plans, procedures, and control techniques designed to prevent, minimize or quickly recover from cyber-attacks or other events
- Investigate attacks against networks, monitor and analyse log data, network traffic and alerts
- Perform investigations and respond to threats
- Write up security incident reports detailing the threat, its characteristics, and possible remediation activities.
- Routinely review security incidents and other customer deliverables for adherence to the established procedures and guidelines.
- Developing your knowledge of security technologies, cyber-attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Minimum of 5+ years performing in an information/cyber security role
- Excellent understanding of the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities and threats
- Technical background with a deep understanding of network security, network architecture and cloud technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise firewalls
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues stakeholders
For more information please contact Steve on 0203 051 4825.